Looking for a fun project for your students which encourages reading and develops technology skills? Then this contest is for you! Create a cool book trailer and win a free author visit, a 1-year Sylvan Dell eBook site license ($450 value), and autographed books!
To enter, make a one-minute or less book trailer for one of these picture books – What’s New at the Zoo? or What’s the Difference? (Students, teachers, or librarians can make a book trailer for submission.) The winning trailer for each book will win a free author visit (in-person if the school is within a one-hour drive of Libertyville, IL, or a live Skype virtual visit), a 1-year Sylvan Dell eBook site license ($450 value), and 10 free autographed books by the author! Now that’s cool!!
Book Trailer Guidelines:
1. Email the author (Suzanne Slade at email@example.com) and tell her which book you want to use in your trailer. She’ll email you the book cover and illustrations to use in your video.
2. Make the video! Use any video making software you like such as iMovie or Animoto. The book trailer should be one minute or less. It must include the book title, author name, and cover of the book. Movie text should be short and relevant to the story. (Hint: Don’t read the whole book in the video.) Music must be something you have the copyright to use, or music and/or sound effects provided by your video software for users. Remember, the best trailers are lots of fun and make viewers want to read the book!
3. Once your video is complete, download it to YouTube.
4. To submit you book trailer in the contest, email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by Nov. 23, 2011:
link to YouTube video of your book trailer, your school name, school address, adult contact name and email address.
5. Contest winners will be announced by Dec. 1, 2011. Good luck!!
6. Links to winning book trailer videos will be featured on the Sylvan Dell Publishing website and author website.