June has a number of great holidays!
- June is National Zoo and Aquarium Month. Use this as an excuse to kick off a great summer trip, and do some research beforehand by checking out ‘Twas the Day Before Zoo Day, What’s New at the Zoo?, Astro: The Steller Sea Lion, and Big Cat, Little Kitty for fun facts and activities before the big visit.
- June is also Great Outdoors Month, so put on those hiking shoes and get moving. If you are in need of some inspiration read A Day on the Mountain, Where Should Turtle Be?, Habitat Spy, or A Day in the Salt Marsh to help you get going.
- June 5th is World Environment Day. The Glaciers are Melting! is a great option to tie in with this holiday.
- June 8th is World Ocean Day. Check out Ocean Seasons and Ocean Hide and Seek to learn all about oceans!
- June 16th is Marine Mammal Day. Learn about how they sleep in Water Beds.
- June 16th is Sea Turtle Day. Celebrate sea turtles with Carolina’s Story, Where Should Turtle Be?, Turtle Summer, and Turtles in My Sandbox. Hear more from Turtles in My Sandbox author Jennifer Keats Curtis next week on the SD blog.
- June 30th is Meteor Day. Learn all about meteors in Pieces of Another World.