Two new websites are taking the stage today at the Sylvan Dell offices, and we want you to know about them!
As A Mom…A Sisterhood of Mommy Patriots
A week ago, this brand new website had 12 members. Today, it has over 40,000, and Sylvan Dell Publishing is one of them. It all started on Friday, September 25, 2009, when Glenn Beck hosted a special entitled “The Mother’s Challenge: A 9.12 Project.” One of the closing statements of the program was, “If you begin everything with ‘as a mom…’ you win.”
The purpose of this site is to bring moms together and provide a sounding board on current issues and concerns facing families in America. All moms associated with this site are dedicated to ideals of the “9.12 Project” —nine principles and twelve values…
The Nine Principles
1. America is good.
2. I believe in God, and He is the Center of my Life.
3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
5. If you break the law, you pay the penalty. Justice is blind, and no one is above it.
6. I have a right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.
The Twelve Values
As A Mom… offers several groups to join, forums for discussion, event opportunities, and blogs from members. If you, too, support the 9.12 ideals, head over and sign up! Sylvan Dell was proud to join last week, and we are doing what we can to spread the word.
Thoughts from Mary Alice Monroe
In July 2009, Pocket Books released her newest novel, LAST LIGHT OVER CAROLINA, which brings alive the disappearing world of the coastal shrimping industry. Mary Alice is an active conservationist. She is a dedicated member of the Isle of Palms/Sullivan’s Island Turtle Team and serves on the Board of the South Carolina Aquarium.
On Mary Alice’s new blog, you can keep up with her newest release, as well as her activist nature as she explores and supports the South Carolina shrimp industry, fly-fishing, and more. Be sure to bookmark her new site, because you’ll be seeing plenty from Mary Alice in the coming months!
PS: Happy Cephalopod Awareness Day! Click here for more info on this silly celebration occasion!